The banana pudding you see here once won first prize in a dessert contest. It will be a winner at your house too!
Once upon a time, I was a database programmer. No really, it’s true. When I worked at a consulting company, we had a summer picnic with a dessert contest. I decided to bring banana pudding, a picnic classic, right? I told my co-workers ahead of time, and they urged me to choose something else, telling me that banana desserts never win the competition. (They were old timers, and this was my first time at the rodeo.) I decided to buck the trend and stuck with my plan. Lo and behold, the pudding won! FIRST PRIZE. Some gloating was in order of course. One lady wanted to know my secret because her banana pudding had been passed over in the past. My boss, who had tried to warn me against making this dessert, seemed genuinely outraged that my pudding could win over his chocolatey chocolate whatever it was. What can I say? People love this dessert. YOU will love this dessert. Please try it and report back! Thanks to my mom for teaching me how to make this many years ago.
- Spicy Fish Tacos with Lime - May 26, 2016
- Cinnamon Apple Cookies with Oatmeal - May 25, 2016
- Weekly Meal Plan #174: Cheesy Goodness and More - May 20, 2016
- Easy Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe - May 19, 2016
- Layered Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole - May 17, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #173: Two Meal Plans Collide - May 13, 2016
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Applesauce - May 10, 2016
- Raspberry Recipes: Pies, Cocktails, and More! - May 9, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #172: Bad Luck - May 7, 2016
- Easy Guacamole Tostadas with Added Protein - May 3, 2016