These Black and White Chocolate Cookies are loaded with chunks of dark and white chocolate. These rich cookies will surely satisfy your chocolate craving!
The Pants used to work near a bakery called Specialty’s, and he would sometimes bring home cookies for an after-dinner treat. His favorites were the Black and White cookies, dark chocolate cookies with white chocolate chunks. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Oatmeal Wheatgerm Chocolate Chip, but it’s a tough call. I recently saw a recipe for Domino Cookies at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, which sounded pretty similar to the Black and White.
I urge you to go over and check out Kristan’s post, not only to see the original recipe but because she is a very smart, funny writer. Armed with this new recipe, The Short One and I marched right down to Trader Joe’s to get a white chocolate bar. They had at least a dozen varieties of chocolate bars, none of them white. Fortunately, this particular TJs is adjacent to a mall, so we strolled over to See’s Candies to get white chocolate there. No luck. Now, I’ll admit that I’m not a huge white chocolate fan, but come on! Doesn’t anyone sell this stuff? Luckily, all hope wasn’t lost because we were also near a Godiva store. There we found a White Chocolate Vanilla Bean bar. Perfect!
Although the Specialty’s version and Kristan’s version only have white chocolate chunks, I didn’t want to stop there. My recipe for black and white cookies features extra dark chocolate AND white chocolate chunks for your chocolatey pleasure. One bite and you’ll be hooked. Four cookies later you might feel a little sick, but it will be worth it. I promise.
Here are a few tools I love for this recipe:
(These are affiliate links, so I make a small commission on any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Weary Chef!)
Want more chocolate in your life? Me too! Try these recipes:
- Weekly Meal Plan #174: Cheesy Goodness and More - May 20, 2016
- Easy Banana Nut Smoothie Recipe - May 19, 2016
- Layered Chicken Chile Relleno Casserole - May 17, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #173: Two Meal Plans Collide - May 13, 2016
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken with Applesauce - May 10, 2016
- Raspberry Recipes: Pies, Cocktails, and More! - May 9, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #172: Bad Luck - May 7, 2016
- Easy Guacamole Tostadas with Added Protein - May 3, 2016
- Weekly Wrap Up and Meal Plan #171: Meatballs, Flatbread, and More! - May 1, 2016
- Organic Chicken and Asparagus Flatbread - April 30, 2016