These Black and White Chocolate Cookies are loaded with chunks of dark and white chocolate. These rich cookies will surely satisfy your chocolate craving!
The Pants used to work near a bakery called Specialty’s, and he would sometimes bring home cookies for an after-dinner treat. His favorites were the Black and White cookies, dark chocolate cookies with white chocolate chunks. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Oatmeal Wheatgerm Chocolate Chip, but it’s a tough call. I recently saw a recipe for Domino Cookies at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, which sounded pretty similar to the Black and White.
I urge you to go over and check out Kristan’s post, not only to see the original recipe but because she is a very smart, funny writer. Armed with this new recipe, The Short One and I marched right down to Trader Joe’s to get a white chocolate bar. They had at least a dozen varieties of chocolate bars, none of them white. Fortunately, this particular TJs is adjacent to a mall, so we strolled over to See’s Candies to get white chocolate there. No luck. Now, I’ll admit that I’m not a huge white chocolate fan, but come on! Doesn’t anyone sell this stuff? Luckily, all hope wasn’t lost because we were also near a Godiva store. There we found a White Chocolate Vanilla Bean bar. Perfect!
Although the Specialty’s version and Kristan’s version only have white chocolate chunks, I didn’t want to stop there. My recipe for black and white cookies features extra dark chocolate AND white chocolate chunks for your chocolatey pleasure. One bite and you’ll be hooked. Four cookies later you might feel a little sick, but it will be worth it. I promise.
Here are a few tools I love for this recipe:
(These are affiliate links, so I make a small commission on any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Weary Chef!)
Want more chocolate in your life? Me too! Try these recipes:
- Weekly Dinner Menu #179: Reunited! - June 24, 2016
- 15 Easy Slow Cooker Dinners - June 22, 2016
- Deviled Egg Potato Salad - June 21, 2016
- Chocolate Mudslide Cocktail Recipe - June 20, 2016
- Cooking for Two: Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #178 - June 17, 2016
- Greek Yogurt Chicken with Herbs - June 16, 2016
- Peach Bread with Walnuts - June 15, 2016
- 12 Irresistible Cherry Recipes - June 14, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #177: I miss my kids. - June 10, 2016
- Sausage Stir Fry over Rice - June 8, 2016