These Black and White Chocolate Cookies are loaded with chunks of dark and white chocolate. These rich cookies will surely satisfy your chocolate craving!
The Pants used to work near a bakery called Specialty’s, and he would sometimes bring home cookies for an after-dinner treat. His favorites were the Black and White cookies, dark chocolate cookies with white chocolate chunks. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Oatmeal Wheatgerm Chocolate Chip, but it’s a tough call. I recently saw a recipe for Domino Cookies at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, which sounded pretty similar to the Black and White.
I urge you to go over and check out Kristan’s post, not only to see the original recipe but because she is a very smart, funny writer. Armed with this new recipe, The Short One and I marched right down to Trader Joe’s to get a white chocolate bar. They had at least a dozen varieties of chocolate bars, none of them white. Fortunately, this particular TJs is adjacent to a mall, so we strolled over to See’s Candies to get white chocolate there. No luck. Now, I’ll admit that I’m not a huge white chocolate fan, but come on! Doesn’t anyone sell this stuff? Luckily, all hope wasn’t lost because we were also near a Godiva store. There we found a White Chocolate Vanilla Bean bar. Perfect!
Although the Specialty’s version and Kristan’s version only have white chocolate chunks, I didn’t want to stop there. My recipe for black and white cookies features extra dark chocolate AND white chocolate chunks for your chocolatey pleasure. One bite and you’ll be hooked. Four cookies later you might feel a little sick, but it will be worth it. I promise.
Here are a few tools I love for this recipe:
(These are affiliate links, so I make a small commission on any purchases at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Weary Chef!)
Want more chocolate in your life? Me too! Try these recipes:
- One Pot Black Eyed Peas and Rice with Chicken - August 23, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #187: Sneaking in Veggies - August 20, 2016
- Perfect Mexican Rice - August 19, 2016
- Quick Hasselback Potatoes - August 15, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #186: Back to School Dinners - August 13, 2016
- 20 Strawberry Recipes You Don’t Want to Miss! - August 10, 2016
- Weekly Dinner Menu #185: Trying (again) to get healthy. - August 6, 2016
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps - August 2, 2016
- Easy Weekly Dinner Menu #184: Slow Cooker Roast, Taquitos, Salad, and More! - July 31, 2016
- Mexican Coleslaw in 5 Minutes - July 26, 2016