1 pound chicken tenders
1/3 cup melted butter or olive oil
1/2 cup Franks RedHot Original
1/2 cup Tabasco Brand Sriracha
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 pinch of salt
1 romaine heart (about 2 cups chopped)
2 Persian cucumber or 1/2 English cucumber
1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
4 flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/2 cup crispy fried onions or shallots
- Slice your chicken tenders in half so that you have two nice long strips from each one
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Franks RedHot, Tabasco Sriracha, melted butter (or olive oil), garlic powder, onion powder, and salt until fully incorporated.
- Place your sliced chicken in a medium bowl, and add ½ of the marinade, reserving ½ cup in case you want to have some for drizzling on top or dipping. Let the chicken sit for at least 15 minutes and up to 4 hours.
- In a large skillet (non-stick works best), saute the chicken in marinade over medium-high heat until cooked through. About 5 minutes. Then remove from heat.
- Take your head of romaine and slice it in half length-wise and then in half again. Chop the sliced romaine into about ½” slices. b) take your cucumber and cut it lengthwise down the middle. If using an English cucumber, take a small spoon and scrape out the seeds. Now take you cucumber and slice it into thin strips that are about 3-4” long. c) take your avocado, cut it in half and remove the pit and skin, Then cut it into thin slices.
- Toss your chopped romaine in the ranch or blue cheese dressing so it is well-dressed
- Place your flour tortillas on a large plate and quickly warm them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. You can also warm them in the over at 350 degrees for about 2-3 minutes or if you have a large enough non-stick or cast iron skillet on the stovetop for about 30 seconds per side.
- Take your warm tortilla and lay it flat on a large plate or cutting board. Place your dressed romaine on the wrap first, then add the sliced cucumber, avocado, and shredded cheddar on top of the romaine. Add your buffalo chicken to the center of the wrap in a nice line. (This way, when you roll it, the chicken will be in the center and surrounded by all the veggies making every bite a perfect bite.) For the final touch, sprinkle the fried onions or shallots on top of the chicken. At this point, you can drizzle a little of the extra buffalo sauce on top if you like. Then fold in the two sides and roll up your wrap like a burrito.
- Enjoy as is or with a side of ranch, blue cheese, or buffalo sauce for dipping.