- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper cut into short, thin strips
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste green or yellow is fine too
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1/4” thick half circles
- 1/2 c. frozen green peas
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Saute for about 3 minutes, and then push to one side of the pan to make room for the chicken.
- Place chicken breasts in the hot pan, and cook on each side for about 2 minutes just to cook the outside. Pour in chicken broth and coconut milk, and bring to a low boil.
- Stir in curry paste, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Continue simmering for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken breasts to a cutting board, and add zucchini and peas to the pot. Continue cooking while you shred the chicken with two forks. Roughly chop the shredded chicken with a knife so the pieces aren’t too big.
- Add the chicken back to the pot and simmer just long enough for the zucchini to cook as much as you’d like. (I like mine to stay pretty firm, so I don’t cook it very long.)
For a more filling meal, try adding a few ounces of pad thai rice noodles with the zucchini and peas. Allow to boil for 4-5 minutes, and then serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Thai