- 2 pie crusts for 9” pie pan at room temperature storebought or homemade
- 2 pints fresh blueberries (about 4 1/2 c.)
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 1/3 c. flour
- 1/3 c. cream cheese optional
- 2 tsp. sanding sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line 9″ pie pan with one pie crust. Place pie bird in the center of crust if using one.
- In a large bowl, stir together clean blueberries, sugar, and flour. Pour into prepared pan around the pie bird (if using one). Drop cream cheese dollops about ½ tsp. each all over the top of the filling.
- Cut a small “X” in the center of the top crust if using a pie bird, and lay crust over the filling, allowing the bird’s head to poke through the “X”. (If not using a pie bird, skip the center “X” and cut a few slits in a nice pattern on the top.) Crimp the edges of the crust with your fingers or fork tines, and trim away the excess. Sprinkle sanding sugar evenly over the pie.
- Place pie on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Allow to cool almost completely before cutting.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40