- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1–1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella or Italian blend shredded cheese divided
- 1 cup diced stir-ins of your choice (pepperoni, olives, bell pepper, onion, you name it!)
- 1 cup marinara sauce optional but encouraged for dipping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously spray muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
In large bowl, stir together flours, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk, and stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Mix in 1 c. cheese and additional ingredients.
Scoop dough into muffin tin, and sprinkle a small amount of cheese over there top of each muffin. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool in pan for a few minutes, then serve warm with marinara for dipping if desired.
Adapted from Pizza Puffs at Sweet as a Cookie.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Pizza