- 1 cup medium grain rice uncooked
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 small bunch green onions sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 pound washed and trimmed green beans or Chinese long beans if available
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
Start rice cooking in lightly salted water.
When rice is about 15 minutes from done, heat large skillet over high heat. Add sesame oil, and sauté green onions and garlic for about 2 minutes. Stir in ground turkey and sauté 3-5 minutes, until meat is mostly cooked. Crumble meat as much as possible.
Stir in chili garlic sauce, hoisin sauce, and ginger. Add green beans and soy sauce, and stir to coat. Continue cooking over high heat for 7-9 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until beans are slightly tender.
Stir in rice vinegar, and cook one minute longer. Serve over cooked rice.
Adapted from recipes from The Lemon Bowl and Cook Snap Savour.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dinner, Main
- Cuisine: Asian