- 14–16 ounces package of pasta (I use gluten-free pasta.)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 slices center-cut bacon
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 tablespoon flour all-purpose gluten-free flour works great!
- 2 cups milk plus up to 1/4 cup more
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup grated smoked gouda
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon, and sauté until onion and bacon start to brown.
- Sprinkle flour over bacon and onion, and stir together. Reduce heat to medium. Slowly add milk about ¼ c. at at time, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth before adding more milk. Continue until all milk is added. Simmer until thickened and bubbly, 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add parmesan and gouda, and gently stir until cheeses are melted. Remove pan from heat, and add salt and pepper to taste. Add drained pasta, and stir to coat. If pasta seems too dry, add up to ¼ c. milk or reserved pasta cooking water to loosen up sauce. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Italian