- 4 cups diced, unpeeled russet potatoes (about 2 large potatoes)
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 12 ounces fully cooked sausage sliced into 1/4″ half circles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus a pinch
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4–8 eggs (1–2 per person depending on preference)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Soak potatoes in water for 5 to 15 minutes, then drain and dry on paper towels. (I soak the potatoes while I do the rest of the chopping.)
- In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, bell pepper, sausage, olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, chili powder, and onion powder.
- Spray either 4 shallow bowls or a 13 x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray, and evenly spread potato mixture into your chosen dish(es). Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven, and reduce heat to 350 degrees F. Crack eggs over the potatoes. Sprinkle a small pinch of kosher salt and black pepper over each egg. Return to hot oven, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until yolk is cooked to desired doneness.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Main