- 16 ounces frozen black eyed peas
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 ounces petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and hot sauce to taste
- In a soup pot or large skillet, add peas, chicken broth, water, tomatoes, rice, and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in uncooked chicken, and bring back to a simmer. Cover again, and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add salt and hot sauce to taste, and serve. (Garnish with parsley as pictured if desired.)
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 45