- 1 box Pillsbury Purely Simple white cake mix
- 2 sticks butter softened (divided)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk (note this amount is different than package instructions)
- 24 strawberries fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1 package Pillsbury Purely Simple buttercream frosting mix
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13″ pan with cooking spray. Blend strawberries in blender or food processor until liquified.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, but reduce the milk to 3/4 cup. Add half of the pureed strawberries when you add the milk.
- Allow cake to cool in pan. With the handle of a thick wooden spoon or spatula, poke 1/2″ holes all over the cooled cake.
- Prepare frosting according to package instructions. Whisk together the remaining strawberry puree and half of the prepared frosting until smooth.
- Spread the strawberry frosting over the top of the prepared cake, pressing it into all the holes and allowing it to drizzle over the edges of the cake. Spread the white buttercream frosting over the top of the cake. (The strawberry frosting will be a bit slippery, but just keep spreading until the cake is evenly covered.) Loosely cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35