- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- seasoned salt
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup dill pickle slices
- Place chicken breasts with the smooth side down on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to carefully cut a horizontal pocket in each piece, leaving the back edge intact. (See below for a link to a video tutorial.)
- Sprinkle outside and inside of chicken lightly with seasoned salt. Cut each cheese slice in half, and slide pieces into pocket of each piece of chicken. Then, slide pickle slices on top of the cheese.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray, and place chicken in hot pan. Put a lid on the skillet not quite tightly to allow steam to escape. This will help the chicken cook more evenly and quickly.
- Cook chicken approximately 10 minutes per side, or until internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F. Serve right away while cheese is still hot.
See a video of how to butterfly a chicken breast. That’s basically what you’re doing here, but don’t open it up completely.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20