- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup sugar I used half raw and half granulated sugar
- 1–1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Mounds candy bars sliced into 1/2” pieces
- unsweetened coconut flakes optional but encouraged
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a small sauce pan, combine water, butter, and sugar. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until boiling. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and stir well until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir until smooth and shiny. Dough will be very sticky, like brownie batter.
- Using your medium disher (or a tablespoon if you don’t have one), scoop up a spoonful of dough, and push a piece of Mounds into the center. This will cause the dough to ooze out of the top a little. Use your fingers to push that excess dough over the piece of Mounds, covering it completely.
- Drop candy-filled dough balls about two inches apart onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Sprinkle each cookie with coconut, then bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dessert