- 16 ounces can garbanzo beans drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeds and ribbed removed, finely chopped (optional)
- pita bread or tortilla chips for dipping
- Add half the beans, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and 2 tbsp. lime juice to a mortar and pestle. Smash beans until as smooth as possible, but some chunks of beans left behind are OK. (You can also do this on a large plate with a fork or potato masher if you don’t have a mortar and pestle.)
- Transfer mashed beans to a medium bowl, and repeat step one with remaining beans. Stir together mashed beans and yogurt. If hummus seems too thick at this point, add a little water a tablespoon at a time to get your desired consistency.
- Stir in cilantro, salt, and jalapeño. Adjust lime and salt to taste. Serve with pita or chips.
- Prep Time: 15