- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup almond or regular milk
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup instant rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large apple peeled and cut into 1/2” pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, mix butter and sugars together on medium-speed low until fluffy. Add egg and milk, and continue mixing until evenly combined.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix on low speed until dry ingredients are combined. Stir in diced apples just until mixed in.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or rounded tablespoons to place balls of dough 2″ apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until edges are light browned and center is set.
- Cool 5-10 minutes on cookie sheet, and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
You can substitute gluten-free flour for the white flour and/or spelt flour for the whole-wheat flour if desired.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20