- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar omit if using buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter melted (plus more for cooking)
- 1/2 cup leftover cranberry sauce + more for topping
- red food coloring optional
- If using plain milk, combine the milk and vinegar. Set aside for about 5 minutes to create homemade buttermilk.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Into the buttermilk, whisk in egg, melted butter, and vanilla until combined. Stir in cranberry sauce. Add some red food coloring if desired.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix until combined.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add in some butter or coconut oil (I prefer the coconut oil) and allow it to melt. Once the pan is nice and hot, add 1/4 cup portions of batter to the pan. Cook until the underneath side is nice and golden. Flip, and do the same for the remaining side. Cook until no batter remains.
- Stack the pancakes and serve with additional cranberry sauce if desired!
For a shortcut, use pancake mix instead of making the batter from scratch.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15