- 12–14 oz. bite-sized pasta
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 large zucchini sliced into 1/4” thick half circles
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/3 c. onion and chive cream cheese
- 1 pound raw peeled shrimp (around 31-40 per lb. size)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, and saute until browning and tender, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini, and saute 2 minutes longer. (It’s OK that zucchini is still pretty raw at this point.)
- Reduce heat to medium. Sprinkle flour over vegetables, and stir to coat. Slowly add milk about 1/2 c. at a time, stirring until sauce is smooth before adding more. When all milk is added, bring sauce to a simmer, stirring often.
- Stir in mustard and cream cheese, and return to a simmer. Add shrimp, and simmer, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until shrimp are uniformly pink and C-shaped.
- Turn off heat, and stir in hot, cooked pasta. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Pasta