- 1–1/2 pounds pulled BBQ pork (or pulled chicken or a combination of both)
- 3 medium-size red potatoes diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 28 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 9 ounces frozen baby lima beans thawed
- 9 ounces frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra thawed
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely chop the meat and place in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours) or until potatoes are fork-tender. Ladle stew into bowls and serve.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living, February 2006.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 480