- 2 ripe Avocados From Mexico
- 1/2 cup low-fat small-curd cottage cheese
- juice of 1/2 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 4 crisp corn tostadas
- finely shredded cabbage
- Add cottage cheese, lime juice, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne to a food processor. Pulse several times until mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Mash flesh of avocados with a fork. (I like my guacamole pretty chunky, but mash yours as much as you like.) Stir in cottage cheese mixture, cilantro, and tomatoes.
- Add additional lime juice, salt, or cayenne to taste.
- To assemble tostadas, spread the guacamole evenly over each tostada, and pile some cabbage on top of each one. Olé!
- Fresh avocados have dark, pebbly skin and yield to gentle pressure
- To speed up ripening, put avocados in a brown paper bag with a banana or apple.
- To slow down ripening, place the avocado in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10