- 3–1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 packet Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 12 pitted kalamata olives chopped
- 10 quartered artichoke hearts chopped (about half a 14 oz. can)
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- Spice Islands® Italian Herb Seasoning
- Stir together flour, dry yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine water and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a 2-cup glass measuring cup OR microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F). You can use very warm tap water if you prefer.
- Stir warm water and oil into the flour mixture until all dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in olives, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Cover pan with towel, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Dip your (clean) finger in olive oil, and gently poke holes about every inch in the dough going nearly to the bottom of the dough. You will need to keep dipping your finger in oil after every couple pokes, so have a little dish of oil nearby. Drizzle dough with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and evenly Italian herbs. Let rise, uncovered, an additional 15 minutes while oven preheats to 350 degrees F for a glass pan or 375 degrees F for a dark metal pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Cut and serve with extra oil for dipping if you’d like.
- The bread shown in the photos is made with spelt flour. If you use all-purpose wheat flour, your bread will be lighter in color and a bit fluffier.
- Recipe adapted from Beginner’s Focaccia at Fleischmann’s Yeast.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 65
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Mediterranean