- 10 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon preferred seasonings I used Italian mix and some smoked paprika.
- Wash and slice the tomatoes lengthwise in half. Next, drain them.
- Next, prepare a grill basket or grill pan with brushed-on olive oil. If using the oven method to roast your tomatoes, prepare a baking sheet. Also, in the second case, use some aluminum foil with nonstick spray to keep tomatoes from sticking to the pan.
- Preheat your oven to 450 or your grill on high.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the olive oil with the minced garlic and seasonings mix. When it comes to seasoning tomatoes it is about your own taste. Many people prefer simple Italian spicing mix and salt, while others prefer the classic roasted flavor.
- Then, dip each individual tomato half in the bowl, covering the entire piece well and allowing the remaining mixture to drip back into the bowl. After that, place the tomato half on the prepared basket or pan with the sliced side up.
- Finally, depending on the cooking method you choose: grill the tomatoes until they are charred (several minutes) or roast them in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Allow them to cool before serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American