- 1 bag Success® boil-in-bag jasmine rice
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 c. snow peas chopped if desired
- 1 1/2 c. shredded carrots
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari sauce for gluten free
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- red pepper flakes optional
- up to 1/4 c. water if needed
Fill a large saucepan with water, add about a teaspoon of salt, and submerge the bag of rice in the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and boil for 8-10 minutes.
While rice cooks, spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken, snow peas, carrots, and onion to hot skillet, and stir fry until chicken is mostly cooked and onion is tender.
Whisk together soy sauce, ginger, lemon juice, brown sugar cornstarch, and a dash or two of pepper flakes if desired. Pour sauce over chicken, stir to coat, and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened and shiny. If sauce is too thick, stir in up to 1/4 c. water to the desired consistency.
Scoop rice into bowls, and serve topped with chicken and vegetables.
You can make this recipe even easier by substituting bottled teriyaki sauce for the sauce ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Asian