- 1 box brownie mix plus ingredients called for on the box
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 11″ baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare brownie batter as instructed on package. Spread batter in prepared baking dish. (Scrape bowl very well so you can use it in the next step.)
- In the same mixing bowl, stir together sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter. Stir in egg, salt, and cinnamon. Add pecans, and stir until evenly coated.
- Evenly pour pecan mixture over the brownie mix. Very gently spread nuts and sugar mixture over the brownie mix to cover. You shouldn’t be swirling it into the chocolate, so just very lightly spread the top layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Center should not jiggle when you shake the pan a little when brownies are done. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
I used pecan halves in this batch for photos because they look pretty, but pecan pieces make the brownies easier to cut.
This recipe works perfectly with gluten-free brownie mix!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dessert