- 2 cups all purpose flour I used spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter cut into 1” cubes (if using salted butter, reduce the saltthe recipe to 3/4 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup milk plus 1-2 tbsp. more if needed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup diced ham 4-5 deli slices
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese cheddar or Mexican blend are good choices
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
Place flour, baking powder, salt, and butter into the bowl of a food processor. Hold pulse for 10-15 seconds until butter is completely incorporated. Flour will look like small crumbs. (If you don’t have a food processor, cut butter into flour with a pastry cutter, fork, or your fingers.)
Add 1/2 c. milk and yogurt. Run food processor on lowest setting (mine has a dough setting) until dough has come together, 10-20 seconds. (Work milk and yogurt into flour with a strong rubber spatula if making by hand.)
Remove blade from dough, and stir in ham and cheese. If the dough is too stiff to stir, add 1-2 tbsp. more milk until it’s soft enough to work in the ham and cheese.
Use a medium cookie scoop or heaping tablespoons to place balls of dough about two inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Press each ball of dough down slightly to keep the biscuits from baking up too round. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until tops are just starting to brown.
Your biscuits will be lighter in color if you use regular wheat flour. Mine appear tan because of the spelt flour.
If you would like to make a dozen larger biscuits, use a large disher and increase the baking time to 15-18 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Breakfast