- 10 ounces bite-sized pasta about 3 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning divided
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 14 ounces pizza sauce
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese or more to taste
Bring a few quarts of lightly salted water to a boil. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Cook pasta two minutes less than directed in the package instructions. Drain pasta, and return to the hot pot. Add cream cheese, sour cream, and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Gently stir until the cream cheese is melted.
While pasta cooks, heat large skillet over medium-high heat, and spray with cooking spray. Brown and crumble sausage with onion. When meat is almost cooked through, stir in spinach a couple handfuls at a time. Cook until wilted. Drain meat. (Use the same colander as the pasta to save on dishes!)
Spread the noodle mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread pizza sauce over the pasta. Spread the meat and spinach over the sauce. Spread cheese over the meat, and sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Casserole