- 12–16 ounces dry pasta whole wheat recommended
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Dice chicken and season with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt. In 12″ skillet over medium-high heat heat olive oil or use cooking spray. Saute chicken until cooked through. Remove to medium bowl and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta cooks, melt the butter over medium-high heat in the same skillet. Whisk flour into butter until smooth. Add chicken broth about 1/4 c. at a time, stirring well until smooth before adding more. Stir in lemon juice, and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium.
Add cream cheese, and whisk into sauce. Some flecks of cream cheese will remain, which is fine. Add peas and return to simmer, then add chicken to sauce. Cook 3-5 more minutes, until peas and chicken are heated through. Turn off heat, stir in parmesan, and gently fold in drained pasta. Serve with additional parmesan and lemon wedges if desired.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main