- 1 1/2 lb. russet potatoes peeled and diced into 1″ cubes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese you can use full fat if you prefer
- 1/4 c. grated cheddar or colby-jack cheese 2% milk cheese would work
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 green onions sliced
- 3 slices cooked bacon roughly chopped
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, and cover with an inch or two of water. Add about a teaspoon of salt, and heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Boil for approximately 10 minutes or until you can easily cut the potatoes with a fork. Drain and return to cooking pot.
Add olive oil and cream cheese, and mash with potato masher until cream cheese is incorporated and potatoes are as smooth as you like.
Add grated cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted and potatoes are steaming hot. Turn off heat, and stir in green onions and bacon, reserving some of each for sprinkling over individual servings if desired.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15