- 1 Smithfield Applewood Smoked Bacon Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet sliced into 1” medallions
- 1 cup pizza sauce (homemade or bottled)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 10 slices mozzarella cheese (each slice cut in half)
Spray a skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Place sliced pork into hot skillet, and add a little crumbled bacon (that fell off the pork loin during slicing) to a corner of the pan to cook.
Cook pork for about 4 minutes, then flip medallions over. Spread a spoonful of tomato sauce over each piece of pork. Use a spoon to scoop and sprinkle the cooked bacon over the sauce. Top with bell peppers and mushrooms (or your desired toppings), then lay a piece of cheese over each little pork pizza.
Cover the pan, and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted. Serve while hot.
- I would recommend two pieces per kid and three pieces per adult. Save the unused pork in the refrigerator for another recipe later in the week!
- I used my own pizza sauce recipe, but I reduced the water to 1/3 cup and the salt to a small pinch. (You want a sauce that is thick and not too salty.)
- These are my suggested toppings, but of course you can make your version to your liking!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15