- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. milk I used 1%
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir vegetable and cream cheese together in a large bowl.
- Add flours, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Work cream cheese into dry ingredients with your hands (my preferred method) or a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add milk and cheese, and stir until combined. Use a large disher or 1/3 c. measuring cup to place rounds of dough about 1″ apart on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or greased well. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes until brown.
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 12
- Category: Breads, Breakfast
- Cuisine: International