- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup flour (all purpose, whole wheat, spelt, or gluten-free flour are all fine)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (approximate measurement)
- 4 Foster Farms® Simply Raised thin-sliced chicken breasts
In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg, sour cream, and Cajun seasoning. In another bowl (with a dry utensil), stir together cornmeal and flour.
Pour enough oil in a 10 or 12″ skillet just to cover the bottom (about 1/8″ deep). The amount will vary depending on the size of your skillet. Heat over medium-high heat until oil is very hot.
Meanwhile, dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture, coating both sides, and allow the excess to drip off. Then, press both sides of chicken into cornmeal mixture, and shake off excess.
Cook chicken pieces in hot oil. Cook for 5-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches at least 160 degrees F. Serve immediately to enjoy crispy coating.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15