- 12 ounces bite-sized pasta (I used vegetable bowties.)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 12 ounces asparagus trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (fat free is fine)
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- juice of 1/2 lemon (about 2 tbsp.)
- 6 ounces hot smoked salmon roughly chopped
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss onion and asparagus with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until asparagus is tender and onions are starting to brown.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and toss with remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil.
In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, pesto, and lemon juice.
When vegetables are done, remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before adding to salad.
In a large bowl, stir together pasta, roasted vegetables, yogurt mixture, and salmon. Your dinner is ready!
I loved this salad served right away at room temperature, but it was great out of the refrigerator the next day too!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main