- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 14 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce plus a little more for drizzling
- hot sauce optional
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup 2% milk shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 4 green onions sliced thin
Heat olive oil in a 12″ skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and sauté a minute longer until garlic is white. Pour in chicken broth, and add cumin. Bring to a simmer.
Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
Stir in BBQ sauce, hot sauce if desired, and shredded chicken. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Replace cover, and cook over low heat 3-5 minutes until heated through and cheese has melted. Drizzle a little BBQ sauce and sprinkle green onions over the top before serving.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25