- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 white or yellow onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 1 cup white rice uncooked
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth for a vegetarian dish)
- pinch kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
Heat oil over medium heat in a medium pot. Add onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté one minute longer.
Stir in rice, and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth, salt, pepper, dill, and parsley. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook 10 minutes.
Stir in frozen peas, and simmer an additional 10-12 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Side Dish