- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 12″ pizza crust store bought or homemade
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese or more to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, and saute, breaking up meat as it cooks.
When sausage is mostly cooked through, add spinach a few handfuls at a time, stirring and cooking until wilted. Stir in marinara sauce and turn off heat.
While sausage cooks, place pizza crust on a pizza pan, and spread ricotta evenly over the crust. When the sausage mixture is ready, spread it over the ricotta. Sprinkle cheeses over the top. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow to stand for a few minutes before cutting.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15