- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 28 ounces canned petite diced tomatoes drained
- 1 pound Yukon gold or red potatoes cut into 1” cubes
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms quartered
- 1 bunch dino kale (10-12 leaves) sliced into thin strips
- 15 ounces canned cannellini beans drained
Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, chicken, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt. Stir and saute until onion is tender (about 5 minutes)
Pour in chicken broth, tomatoes, potatoes, mushrooms, and beans. Bring to a low boil, and reduce heat to medium. Cook at a low boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in kale, and cook 5 minutes longer or until kale is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You can learn more about dino kale right here. If you can’t find it, try another variety of kale or spinach instead.
- To save on prep time, cut the potatoes while the chicken cooks. Then, cut the kale while the potatoes cook.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20