- 28 ounces can refried beans
- 1 cup fresh salsa or your favorite jarred red salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup sour cream optional
- tortilla chips for dipping
- In a medium saucepan, stir together beans, salsa, 3/4 c. cheese, and cumin. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Pour dip into a serving bowl, and immediately spread remaining 1/4 c. cheese over the top so it will melt. Top with a dollop of sour cream and salsa if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
You can also make this recipe in the microwave!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks, Mexican Food
- Cuisine: Mexican