- 1/2 pound sweet potato peeled and cut into 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 pound baby carrots halved lengthwise
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red orange, and yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- pinch of cayenne powder
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Add carrots to a large pot and fill with water. Season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add sweet potato and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Whisk together oil, balsamic, and spices. Dip sweet potato pieces in and fully coat. Layer onto baking sheet. Add remaining veggies to sauce, and coat evenly. Pour over top of sweet potato.
- Cook for 15 minutes. Toss, and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until caramelized to your liking.
- Layer in tower form, or serve in a large bowl.
Note: My sweet potato only took 3-4 minutes to cook, so I removed it and allowed my carrots to cook for a few more minutes to help soften them up.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30