- 4 hot dogs (I like preservative-free turkey dogs.)
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (approximate measurement)
- 2 slices colby jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and place a wire baking rack on top. Spray the rack with cooking spray or grease it with a little shortening.
- Wrap each hot dog in one slice of bacon. (See video above for demonstration.) Place wrapped dogs a couple inches apart on the baking rack.
- Bake hot dogs in preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes or until bacon is browned.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven, and generously brush hot dogs with BBQ sauce. Place a half slice of cheese on top of each hot dog.
- Return pan to oven, and bake approximately 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is completely melted. (Be careful to keep the pan flat when removing it from the oven to prevent the hot dogs from rolling around.)
- Serve hot dogs right away either on their own or in buns.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20