- 2.5 pounds top round steaks A little more or less meat is fine.
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cans or cartons cream of mushroom soup I used Pacific brand gluten-free soup.
- 1/2 cup water
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup sour cream Reduced fat is fine.
- hot cooked egg noodles or rice
Spray crock of slow cooker with cooking spray. Arrange steaks in the bottom, then spread mushrooms over the meat. Pour soup and water over the mushrooms, and sprinkle with pepper to taste. Use a fork to spread soup evenly over the top. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
About a half hour before you are ready to eat (just enough time to cook your rice or noodles), remove the meat to a cutting board, and stir sour cream into the sauce. Reduce heat to “warm” if that is an option on your crockpot.
Shred the beef with two forks, discarding any pieces of fat or chewy parts. Stir meat back into the sauce. Serve over rice or noodles.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 480