- 12 ounces uncooked macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced
- 4 ribs celery diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook and drain macaroni according to pasta directions. (Do this first, and you can do your chopping while it cooks.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a deep skillet or dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, bell pepper, celery, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Saute until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in soups, tomato sauce, mustard.
- Stir in pasta and about 2/3 of the cheese.
- If your cooking pot is oven safe, you can cover it with the lid or foil and bake. If not, spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray, and transfer your chicken macaroni to that pan. Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove cover, and spread remaining cheese over the top. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly brown
- You can use any combination you like of cream of mushroom, celery, and chicken soups.
- Unless you choose low-sodium soups, you may not need any additional salt.
- To make this gluten free, simply choose gluten-free pasta and look for Pacific brand cream soups.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45