- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 16 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup sour cream (reduced fat is OK)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese divided
- 1 packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 28 ounces frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13″ pan with cooking spray.
- (See notes at the bottom for alternate directions to reduce baking time.) Stir together uncooked chicken, vegetables, sour cream, ONE cup of cheese, and taco seasoning until evenly combined. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Arrange frozen tater tots evenly over the chicken mixture. You probably don’t need the whole bag, but I made them all fit. Cover with foil, and bake 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- Remove foil, and bake 20 minutes longer. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over tots, and bake 5 minutes more before serving.
- To cut down on bake time and get a creamier filling, saute the chicken and frozen vegetables together in a skillet until heated through, then drain. Stir in taco seasoning, cheese, and sour cream with those hot ingredients and bake uncovered for 30 minutes total.
- This casserole is great leftover. If you reheat it in the microwave in an broiler-safe bowl, you can place the bowl under the broiler for 3-5 minutes to make your tater tots crispy again.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60