- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. spelt flour or substitute all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. chopped chocolate-covered toffee bar or substitute butterscotch and chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray or grease with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas. Stir in eggs, oil, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and stir just until dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in toffee pieces until mixed in evenly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake 45-55 minutes, checking at 45 minutes. Bread is done when edges are brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Carefully remove loaf from pan to cool on a wire rack before cutting. (I won’t tell anyone if you can’t wait for it to cool, but your bread will have more crumbs and might not hold together as well.)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 55
- Category: Bread