- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- pinch kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. pesto
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. bite-sized pasta
- 14 oz. quartered artichoke hearts drained and roughly chopped
- 4–6 oz. baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded Italian blend cheese
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and chicken, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Saute until chicken is mostly cooked on the outside, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in flour to coat chicken, and then stir in pesto. Add chicken broth about ½ c. at a time, stirring well until broth mixture is smooth before adding more. Add ½ c. water, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in pasta and artichoke hearts, and bring to a low boil. Cook for the amount of time recommended on the pasta package. Two minutes before pasta is done, stir in spinach leaves.
- Add milk, and return to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is completely melted and incorporated and soup is heated through.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Main, Dinner, Poultry, Soups
- Cuisine: American