Hi, Creamy Pesto Chicken Soup. I know we just met, but I think I love you. Hello! How has your week been? Mine has been filled with a lot of quality time at home with my youngest because he had a fever for most of the week. He is OK now, but this afternoon my husband started coming down with it. Nothing cures what ails you like soup, right? At first I thought about making Lemon Chicken Soup, which is a family favorite, but then I remembered that I am a food blogger and need new recipes.
I’m so glad I came up with this one because it is seriously my new favorite soup. It’s creamy, flavorful, and loaded with texture. I think you’ll love it too, but I should encourage you NOT to get seconds. This tasty soup is hearty and filling. I refilled my bowl, and now I’m almost too stuffed to type! I hope you can learn from my glutenous mistake.Print
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and chicken, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Saute until chicken is mostly cooked on the outside, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in flour to coat chicken, and then stir in pesto. Add chicken broth about ½ c. at a time, stirring well until broth mixture is smooth before adding more. Add ½ c. water, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in pasta and artichoke hearts, and bring to a low boil. Cook for the amount of time recommended on the pasta package. Two minutes before pasta is done, stir in spinach leaves.
- Add milk, and return to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in cheese. Continue stirring until cheese is completely melted and incorporated and soup is heated through.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Main, Dinner, Poultry, Soups
- Cuisine: American