- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 2–3 slices bacon diced
- 28 ounces canned low-sodium white beans drained
- 4–6 hot dogs sliced into 1/4” thick
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon, and sauté until bacon and onion are browning, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in beans, hot dogs, sweet potatoes, and barbecue sauce. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are easy to poke with a fork.
- Remove cover, and simmer an additional 10-15 minutes to allow sauce to reduce and thicken a bit. Serve immediately or simmer over low heat for a few hours if needed. (Stir occasionally during the long simmer.)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Southern