- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 16 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning (salt free)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 28 ounces jarred pasta sauce
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 8–12 NO-BOIL lasagna noodles
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saute for 3 minutes or until tender and translucent.
- Stir in garlic, and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add ground beef, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Crumble meat and saute with the onions until meat is cooked through. Drain meat if desired, but it probably isn’t necessary with lean beef.
- Stir in pasta sauce and cottage cheese until well combined.
- Spread about 1/3 of the meat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Arrange uncooked lasagna noodles over the meat, and spread about a cup of cheese over the noodle.
- Repeat the previous step (1/3 meat, noodles, and cheese) once more.
- Spread remaining meat over the top. Cover pan with foil, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil, and sprinkle remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the top of the lasagna. Sprinkle basil over the cheese if desired. Bake an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted and slightly brown.
- Allow lasagna to cool for about 15 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 60
- Category: Dinner, Pasta and Noodles, Red Meat
- Cuisine: Italian