- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half (or buy thin-sliced chicken)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus washed and ends trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter cubed
- grated parmesan cheese optional
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil. Pour olive oil on foil.
Arrange chicken breasts and asparagus on the pan, and coat with olive oil. Season with sea salt, dried herbs, pepper and garlic powder. Place lemon slices over chicken and asparagus.
Bake for 15 minutes, then add butter over chicken and asparagus.
Bake for additional 5 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees, according to a meat thermometer.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with grated parmesan, and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20