- 4 cups chicken broth
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes with chilies like Rotel
- 14 ounces seasoned black beans rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces whole kernel corn drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro or 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream optional
- shredded Mexican cheese optional
- hot sauce to taste
Pour chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and cilantro into a stockpot. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts to pot, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken breasts, shred meat with two forks, and return to pot. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, and cheese if desired. Serve with hot sauce to add as needed.
If you have cooked chicken on hand, stir it into the boiling broth, simmer until heated through, and dinner is done!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Mexican