- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 1/2 cups beef or chicken broth
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 cup white mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (I used 2% milk Greek yogurt)
In the crock of your slow cooker, whisk together vinegar, molasses, Italian seasoning, salt, worcestershire sauce, and cayenne.
Stab both sides of the roast several times with a sharp knife, and then place it in the molasses mixture. Turn to coat.
Add carrots, mushrooms, and onions, and pour broth over the top. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
Before serving, remove beef to slice or shred depending on your preference. Add yogurt to the sauce in the crockpot, and whisk to mix in. Return beef to sauce, and continue cooking on low until hot. (I do this step while the rice cooks.)
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Mushrooms are not shown in these photos, but I added them for the last couple hours of cooking (when I remembered I had them). Cauliflower florets would be another nice addition to this recipe.