- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 pound hot Italian turkey sausage (uncooked)
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/2” pieces
- 15 ounces canned white beans
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced cilantro freeze dried or fresh
- kosher salt to taste
Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, sausage, and sweet potatoes. Stir, crumbling meat as it cooks, until sausage is cooked through.
Stir in beans, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon. Bring to a low boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove cover, and make sure sweet potatoes are fork tender. If not, continue to simmer until soft. Stir in cilantro before serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30